As calendars get filled with work parties, family get-togethers, and general merriment in the lead up to Christmas, it is crucial to remember those who might be struggling. Many families will struggle to feed their families this Christmas and may need a helping hand. That’s where Basket Brigade UK comes in – hear from Gabriela Godinho-Moxon, Account Manager at Havas People, about the charity and ways you can support.
Who are we?
Basket Brigade UK is a charitable organisation that helps to feed families in need at Christmas time. Every year at this special event, 800 volunteers of all ages and backgrounds come together from all over the country for a heartwarming day of preparing and distributing Christmas baskets to over 1500 unsuspecting families in need across Greater London.
With the cost of living crisis causing concern all over the country, Basket Brigade UK will bring hope, connection and Christmas cheer to those in need at this special time of year.
What can you do?
There are many opportunities to get involved if you would like to donate your time, resources or energy to this heartwarming organisation.
JOIN THE TEAM
We have a number of roles that need to be filled to ensure this year’s event is the most wide-reaching and successful one to date! Basket Brigade UK is run entirely by volunteers so we need all the help we can get. The more hands on deck, the better!
Plus, it is a wonderful opportunity to gain some valuable experience in working with a charity. From fundraising to content creation, no matter your skill set, we will have a role for you. Applying is easy! Just head to the link: https://www.basketbrigade.org.uk/get-involved/
We are always looking for company sponsors, and it is a great opportunity for your agency to make a positive impact on the community! We can work with you on a Corporate Social Responsibility strategy to achieve your goals and even align a range of tax-efficient benefits for your business.
If your agency chooses to support us, you will have the opportunity to send a team of up to 10 volunteers to join us on the day of the event. These volunteers will work together to pack and create baskets of food, and experience all the joy that Basket Brigade UK has to offer. It really will be a day to remember!
Truly, there are so many benefits to getting your company involved:
- Your sponsor logo will appear on our online auction
- Your agency name will feature on volunteer wristbands
- Your logo will live on the Basket Brigade UK website for 12 months
- Photography opportunities at the event, which can be used for a range of business uses; external marketing, PR or internal communications
- ‘Thank you’ posts across our social media channels with relevant mentions and hashtags in January
- A member of the Basket Brigade UK Leadership Team to speak at one of your company events
- A mention at our Introduction and Presentation during the event
- Stands with your corporate information and products (towards the end of the event day)
- Your agency logo to be included on ‘Thank you’ emails to our 1000+ volunteers post-event
- Use of the Basket Brigade UK logo and support across your marketing messages and websites
What are you waiting for? Get your agency involved today: https://www.basketbrigade.org.uk/companies/
Finally, we cannot make the event happen without donations. By donating, you can help us to meet our goal of raising £30,000 to fund 1,500 food baskets. With a donation of just £20 you can help to feed a family of four. It might just be the greatest gift you could give this Christmas!
If you would like to learn more about this wonderful charity and how you can help, please visit: https://www.basketbrigade.org.uk/
“Everyone has the need to contribute. It is one of the six human needs. If you give from your heart, it will come back to you tenfold.” Anthony Robbins